Welcome to the Library Media Center
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. in Elementary Education M.A. in Educational Media NBCT
Mrs. Misty Waldrop, NBCT
I am so excited to serve as the librarian of West Elementary. I graduated from Samford University in 2001 and earned my Master's in Educational Media from the University of South Alabama. I love to spend time with my family, run, read, and spend time outside.
Caroline enjoys helping each child find just the right book. She makes the library a positive and fun place to visit. She enjoys spending time with her family and her dogs.
Library Mission and Goal
The mission of the West Elementary Library Media Center is to provide quality resources, as well as to work collaboratively with all members of the West Elementary learning community, to help provide a superior educational experience where students succeed academically, physically, and socially while developing an appreciation for the arts, our community, and our environment.
It is the goal of the West Elementary Library Media Center to provide a safe environment, full support, and adequate resources and materials which will allow and encourage students:
- To inquire, think critically, identify problems, and develop strategies for problem solving
- To demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to inclusiveness and respect for diversity in the learning community
- To work effectively with others to broaden perspectives and work toward common goals
- To make meaning for oneself and others by collecting, organizing, and sharing resources of personal relevance
- To discover and innovate in a growth mindset developed through experience and reflection
- Demonstrate safe, legal, and ethical creating and sharing of knowledge products independently while engaging in a community of practice and an interconnected world.